About Ovidac 10000 iu
Human chorionic gonadotropin, which is the primary constituent of Ovidac 10000 iu, is obtained from the placental cells of pregnant women and is used to treat infertility in women and men. It is also used to treat delayed puberty issues in children.
Name Of Drug = Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
Composition Quantity = 10000 iu
Ovidac 10000 iu Formulator = Zydus Cadila
Uses Of Ovidac 10000 iu
Female infertility=This medicine is used to treat infertility in women who have not undergone menopause but are unable to conceive due to hormonal imbalances in the body.
Male infertility=This medicine is used to treat male infertility caused due to lack of specific hormonal secretion deficit in the body.
Cryptorchidism=This medicine is used to treat a condition in male children where the one of both the testes is not descended into the scrotal sac.
Side Effects Of Ovidac 10000 iu
- Injection site pain
- Stomach pain
- Pelvic pain
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Rapid weight gain
- Allergic skin reaction
How To Take Ovidac 10000 iu
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
Avoid Drug While Taking Ovidac 10000 iu
Take Ovidac 10000 iu Injection as instructed by the doctor. It is advised to take this medicine under the supervision of your doctor or a trained healthcare professional.
What Are Dosage Instruction Of Ovidac 10000 iu
- Ovidac 5000IU Injection
- Ovidac 10000IU Injection
- Ovidac 2000IU Injection
How Does Ovidac 10000 iu Work?
Ovidac 10000 iu Injection is a sex hormone. In females, it works by controlling the release of eggs from the ovary. In males, it works by controlling production of the male hormone, testosterone which helps in the treatment of delayed puberty, and improves low sperm count.
Warning During Take Ovidac 10000 iu
- Pregnancy = Ovidac 10000 iu Injection is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
- Lactation = Use of this medicine by women who are breastfeeding is not recommended unless absolutely necessary. Special precautions should be taken while taking this medicine and breastfeeding should be discontinued during the course of treatment. Consult your doctor and discuss the risks and benefits before deciding to take this medicine.
- Driving = Ovidac 10000 iu Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
- Kidney = There is limited information available on the use of Ovidac 10000 iu Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
- Liver = There is limited information available on the use of Ovidac 10000 iu Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Ovidac 10000 iu (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Injection) must be used along with human menopausal gonadotropins only by physicians experienced with infertility problems who are familiar with the criteria for patient selection, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions described in the package insert for menotropins. Anaphylaxis has been reported with urinary-derived HCG products.
The principal serious adverse reactions when undergoing this therapy are: (1) Ovarian hyperstimulation, a syndrome of sudden ovarian enlargement, ascites with or without pain, and/or pleural effusion, (2) Rupture of ovarian cysts with resultant hemoperitoneum, (3) Multiple births, and (4) Arterial thromboembolism.
Since androgens may cause fluid retention, HCG must be used with caution in patients with cardiac or renal disease, epilepsy, migraine, or asthma. Pediatric Use Induction of androgen secretion by HCG may induce precocious puberty in pediatric patients treated for cryptorchidism. Therapy should be stopped in case any signs of precocious puberty occur.
How To Store Ovidac 10000 iu
Store Ovidac 10000 iu injections at controlled room temperature (59°F to 86°F, 15°C to 30°C). Protect from light. If you store this medicine at home, keep the dry powder at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. After you mix the powder with the liquid, keep the mixture in the refrigerator. Do not freeze.