What Are the Symptoms and Types of Asthma
What are the symptoms and types of Asthma
Before discuss the topic first of all let us discuss what Asthma is?
Asthma – It is a chronic disease of the airways which convey air to and from the lungs. There is no permanent treatment of this disease is available but its symptoms are controlled by using some methods to help a person with asthma lead a full and active life.
Asthma is a not curable illness of the airways. This type of disease causes inflammation and narrowing inside the lung, restricting the supply of air.
The asthma symptoms are present in periodic attacks or occurrence of tightness in the chest, coughing, breathlessness and wheezing.
Symptoms of Asthma – The signs of asthma differ from person to person. There are some symptoms of asthma which are given below –
- Chest tightness or pain.
- A whistling or wheezing sound when exhaling.
- Shortness of breath.
- Coughing or wheezing attacks that are worsened by a respiratory virus, such as a cold or the flu.
- Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing.
There are at about 250,000 people die year in all over the world due t asthma. The asthma attacks occur when symptoms are in peak. It may start suddenly and can range from mild to severe.
In many cases of asthma attacks, there are some swellings in the airways which can fully stop oxygen to reach the lungs. It can also prevent entering the blood stream and send to important organs of the body. There is a asthma inhaler for patients to prevent attack and relieve fr patient.
This type of asthma attacks for a patient is serious and immediately consults with doctor.
Types of asthma – There are some types of asthma which are given below –
- Occupational asthma – It is that type of asthma which occurs as a direct result of a job or profession. Other symptoms of this type of asthma may be runny nose and red eyes.
- As per the National Institutes of Health, the employees are at increased risk of developing occupational asthma such as detergent manufacturers, grain elevator workers, woodworker, bakers, farmers, metal workers, drug manufacturers, plastic workers, Laboratory workers (especially those working with laboratory animals), millers and many more.
- Allergic asthma – It is that type of asthma in which allergy with such things such as dust, pollen, and pet dander can activate symptoms of asthma and asthma attacks in some people. it is known as allergic asthma. There are some symptoms of this type of asthma such as shortness of breath, coughing, especially at night, during exercise or when laughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing, and tightness in the chest.
- Seasonal asthma – This type of asthma occur in a person who are only in the surrounding environment in specific times of year, such as cold air in the winter or pollen during hay fever season. A person still has asthma in the remaining year but do not experience any symptoms.
- Childhood asthma – It is that types of asthma which are occur in children irregular form of asthma which presents in severe attacks. Several children may feel daily symptoms but the common characteristic asthma in children is highly sensitivity to substances which cause allergy. It also occurs on those children who are tobacco smokers which is very severe. During childhood, mild asthma may be resolve without treatment. But if symptoms are moderate or severe, there is still a risk of asthma that the condition might return later on.
- Asthma medications depend upon the age, symptoms, severity of asthma and medication side effects. That is Foracort Inhaler 200, Foracort Rotacaps 100, Levolin Inhaler
Note - It is important to note that asthma is the most common chronic disease is occurring in children. The first symptoms of asthma occur at about 5 years of age in the form of wheezing and regular infections in the respiratory tracts.