What are the Stages of Syphilis?
Syphilis – It is one of the highly infectious diseases which spreads mostly through sexual contact including anal and oral sex. The infected person cannot be aware that they have infectious diseases that spread through to your female partner.
Treponema pallidum is one of the bacteria that causes syphilis. As per the report, there were 115,045 cases of syphilis in the year 2018. The starting symptom of this sexual infection may be a small painless sore and ca appear on the sexual organs, rectum, or in the mouth that known as a chancre.
This sexual disease can be difficult for identifying in any person. If syphilis is diagnosed early then better for you. But when this sexual problem is diagnosed late then it can severely damage vital organs, brain, and the heart. This sexual disease is transmitted via direct contact with syphilitic chancres and cannot be spread through sharing clothes, toilets, and utensils.
Stages of Syphilis
There are four stages of syphilis with their symptoms that depend on the stage of your disease are as given below –
- Primary Syphilis
- Secondary Syphilis
- Latent Syphilis
- Tertiary Syphilis
This sexual disease is one of the most contagious in the starting two stages
If this syphilis is in the latent stage then it remains active with no symptoms. The tertiary stage of syphilis is one of the severe that causes harm to health.
- Primary Syphilis - This stage occurs approximately 3 to 4 weeks when any person gets infected with the bacteria. It begins with a round and small sore known as chancre which is painless but it is very infectious. If the bacteria of this sexual disease are entered into the genitals, mouth, or rectum then this sore can appear. After infection, this sore appears is about three weeks. Though it may also take up to three months to appear. Generally, syphilis is transmitted via direct contact with a sore and occurs during sexual intercourse with a female partner including oral sex.
- Secondary Syphilis – This stage of syphilis may cause to develop a sore throat and a skin rash. This skin rash will not itch and is usually found on the palms and soles. However, it can occur anywhere on the body. There are several other symptoms of this sexual disease are as given below –
- Hair loss
- Aching joints
- Swollen lymph nodes
Normally, Syphilis is mistaken for another condition.
- Latent Syphilis – It is the third stage of this sexual disease which is also called the hidden stage. The bacteria continue to remain in the body and could stay in several years before advancing to the next stage of syphilis.
- Tertiary Syphilis – It is the final stage of syphilis. There is about 15 to 30 percent of people that do not treat this sexual disease will get into this stage. This stage of sexual disease may occur several years or decades after infection. The final stage of Syphilis can be incurable. Several symptoms that appear in this stage are as given below –
- Memory loss
- Neurological disorders including stroke or meningitis
- Heart disease
- Mental illness
- Destruction of bone and soft tissue
How to prevent this Sexual disease?
Safe sex is one of the best ways to prevent syphilis. It can also be prevented by using latex condoms during sexual activity with a female partner.
There are some of the tips that can prevent this sexual disease are as given below –
- This sexual infection can also be spread by shared needles. Thus, you should not share used needles if using injected medicines.
- Avoid sharing sex toys with others.
- You should use condoms during sexual intercourse with a sexual partner.
- Before sexual intercourse, you should talk with your female partner about any infection or sexually transmitted diseases.
If you want to prevent this sexual infection then promote safe sex with your female partner. If your partner is suffered from any sexual infection then avoid sex that helps in preventing this sexual disease.