What are the Home Remedies for Acne
What are the Home Remedies for Acne
Acne – It is a problem of skin which occurs when the hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. This type of problem also causes blackheads or pimples, and whiteheads are generally appears on the forehead, face, chest, upper back and shoulders. It is one of the most common in teenagers, and also it affects people of all age group.
There are several effective treatments are available, but acne can be persistent. The pimples and bumps cure slowly during treatment.
Acne can also cause stress and depression especially female due to it can emotional distress and scar the skin. If you treat in the start of problem then it reduces the risk of such problems.
Types of Acne - There are several types of acne which are given below:
- Small red, tender bumps (papules)
- Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin (nodules)
- Whiteheads (closed plugged pores)
- Pimples (pustules), which are papules with pus at their tips
- Blackheads (open plugged pores)
- Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin (cystic lesions)
Let us discuss what causes Acne?
Causes of Acne – There are some causes of acne which are given below:
- Excess oil production
- Excess activity of a type of hormone (androgens)
- Hair follicles clogged by oil and dead skin cells
The problem of acne is the main problem which appears in the forehead, face, chest, upper back and shoulders due to the areas of skin have maximum oil (sebaceous) glands. Hair follicles are also connected to oil glands.
The follicle may be swelling and produce a whitehead. Acne also causes a blackhead which look like as a dirt stuck in pores. The pore is packed with bacteria and oil which converts into brown when it contact with the air. This type of problem is especially in women or girls due to use of several cream or other things for make-up.
Pimples are appeared as a red spots on a face with a white center and develop when the blocked hair follicles are infected with bacteria. The blockages and inflammation in which develop in the hair follicles that produce cyst like lumps under the surface of the skin.
Home treatment of Acne - There are some home remedies for acne are as given below:
- Makeup – Before going to bed for sleep, it is important to remove all make up. You select right product with reputed shop or company for make-up which has reduce the risk of acne on the face. Some products of make-up are fake which develop acne on your face.
- Shaving - You should soften the skin by using a warm shower or washing with arm, sap water before shaving. A person should use safety razors with a new sharp blade for shaving. To remove acne, keep the nails and hand should be clean daily with sap and nails short.
- Avoid touching the face – You should hold the telephone which is away from the skin on the face due to it can have on its surface skin residue or sebum. Clean the glasses daily due to it may collect sebum and skin residue. . You should wash the hands with soap before touching the face.
- Do not pop acne – If you press the acne then it may the infection further into the skin which causes serious blockage and more severe swelling and redness. The popping of acne also increases the risk of scarring which is also another serious problem.
- Loose clothing – If the acne or pimples are placed on the back, shoulders or any part of the body which are covered by loose clothing made up of cotton. It is important to note that caps, headbands, and scarves should be avoided or washed regularly.
- Sun exposure – By using tanning beds or overexposure to sunlight resultant in the production of more sebum which increases the risk of skin cancer. There is some acne medications may also make the skin more flat to sunburn, be advised to be cautious with medications for acne.
Treatment of Acne – Acne treatment or medications can by decreasing oil production which speeding up the cell of skin turnover, treat bacterial infection or reducing inflammation that helps in preventing acne scar removal. For better result, it can take months or years to remove acne completely. If you are suffered with this problem then consult with doctor about medications for acne.