What are the causes and treatment of infertility in both men and women
Before start the topic, first of all discuss what infertility is?
Infertility definition – It is a problem in which unable to get pregnant in spite of having frequent unprotected sex in a year for majority of the couples. The problem of infertility is either male or female or a combined factor which prevent pregnancy. There are some therapies which considerably improve the probability of getting pregnant.
Symptoms of infertility – The main infertility symptoms in both men and women is not getting pregnant in one or several year. In some cases female infertility may be irregular or absent menstrual periods. In many cases men infertility have indications of hormonal problems such as sexual functions.
When women not getting pregnant in one or several year then should consult with doctor if they
- Have irregular or absent periods
- Have had multiple miscarriages
- Age over 40.
- Have very painful periods.
- Have undergone treatment for cancer.
- Are ages 35 or older and have been trying to conceive for six months or more than a year.
- Have been diagnosed with endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease
- Have known fertility problems.
If men infertility is responsible for his female partner not get pregnant then they should consult with doctor if they have
- Undergone treatment for cancer.
- A low sperm count or other problems with sperm.
- Small testicles or swelling in the scrotum
- A history of testicular, prostate or sexual problems.
- Others in your family with infertility problems.
Causes of infertility – There are some causes of infertility which are given below –
- About one –third of cases of infertility which is issue with woman.
- About one –third of cases of infertility which is issue with man.
- The remaining of infertility there are some issues with both woman and man or no cause can be found.
Causes of male infertility - There are several causes of men infertility which are given below –
- The problems are the delivery of sperm because of sexual problems in men such as genetic diseases, premature ejaculation, cystic fibrosis and many more causes.
- There is abnormal sperm production or function due to genetic defects, undecided testicles, and some health problems such as diabetes, or some infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, mumps or HIV. Another causes is enlarged veins in the testes (varicocele) also can affect the quality of sperm.
- The main cause is cancer and its treatment such as radiation or chemotherapy. The treatment of cancer which can impair sperm production.
- The other causes of infertility in men such as high blood pressure, smoking, drink alcohol, pesticides and other chemicals, and radiation. , marijuana, anabolic steroids, and taking medications to treat bacterial infections, and depression also can affect fertility. There is frequent exposure to heat, such as in saunas or hot tubs, can raise body temperature and may affect sperm production.
Causes of female infertility – There are several causes of infertility in women which are discussed below
- There are uterine or cervical abnormalities such as abnormalities with the cervix, polyps in the uterus or the shape of the uterus. Noncancerous also may cause infertility by blocking the fallopian tubes or stopping a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.
- It is one of the most common causes of female infertility is ovulation disorders that affect the release of eggs from the ovaries Hyperprolactinemia is a problem or condition in which woman have too much prolactin the hormone that stimulates breast milk production may also interfere with ovulation. There is too much thyroid hormone (hyperthyroidism) or too little (hypothyroidism) may affect the menstrual cycle which causes infertility. There are other causes of infertility are may include too much exercise, eating disorders or tumors.
- There is a endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside of the uterus which may affect the function of the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes and causes infertility.
- The treatment of cancer often impair female fertility including radiation and chemotherapy may affect fertility
- This is the main cause of infertility in women is that fallopian tube damage or blockage, often caused by inflammation of the fallopian tube (salpingitis) and result pelvic inflammatory disease, which is normally caused by a sexually transmitted infection, endometriosis or adhesions.
HCG injection - It is abbreviated as Human chorionic gonadotropin, is a hormone which supports the normal development of an egg in a ovary of a woman' and stimulates the release of the egg during ovulation. It is used in the treatment of infertility in women and increase the sperm count in men.
HCG injection can be used in the infertility treatments which increase the chances of pregnancy or multiple pregnancies. Multiple pregnancies is an unsafe for women and babies thus consult with doctor before taking HCG injection. It does not using during pregnancy.