About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Global Fight against Coronavirus. A few months ago Virus emerged from Wuhan, China and spread around the world. The name coronavirus itself define from the Latin for the crown, because they are sphere-shaped but covered in spikes, which resembles a crown
Here Reliablekart gives some basic information about the COVID-19.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is one of the viruses which cause illness in humans or animals. Coronavirus is a new virus that causes an infection in people. Usually, it causes upper respiratory symptoms like cough or runny nose.
Who is a Higher Risk?
We are still learning about this new virus. Early indications are that people over 65 and people with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart and lung disease are more at risk of experiencing severe symptoms
How Coronavirus Spread and What is Close Contact?
COVID-19 spread through close contact with the infected people. People who contact face-to-face or within the household.
Close contact means, seat greater than 15-20 minutes face-to-face to 2 hours with the confirmed case. Check the following criteria
- A person who spends more time like 15 minutes to 2 hours with a confirmed case in one room.
- Direct contact with body fluids.
- Stay in the same household, for example, boarding schools and hostels.
Symptoms Of Coronavirus?
In the first stage, people only suffer from only mild symptoms. However, an early indication of the elder people.
- Breathing difficulties
- Sore Throat
- Tiredness or Fatigue
And most at risk are the people who travelled overseas or have close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus.
What to do if you Travel overseas?
If you travel overseas you must stay home for 14 days or take care of special medical care.
You must also:
- Not Allow visitors into your home. Only those allow who live in the household in the home
- stay in a different room As much as possible.
- Avoid public meetings, means avoid gathering in schools, work, childcare places or any public area.
If you still feel unwell, develop fever, cough or shortness of breath. Call immediately to a nearby government hospital.
How to Reduce the Risk of Coronavirus?
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap to kill germs. Dry with a hand dryer or paper towel.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask when you sneeze or cough. Make sure to always sneeze on your upper sleeve or elbow, not in the hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth.
- Wearing a mask if you feel a cough or not well.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Buy alcohol-based hand sanitiser with more than 60 per cent alcohol.
How Should I Prepare for the Coronavirus?
Everyone should now take steps to organize for the likelihood of transmission of coronavirus in your country within the coming weeks or months.
Make an idea on how you and your family (including pets) would need to manage if you needed to remain at reception for two to three weeks. There are certain supplies you'll need if you and your family are self-isolating or quarantined reception.
Things like non-perishable food items, soap, toilet tissue, tissues, feminine care products, nappies and pet food. Fill prescriptions of essential medicines so you've got enough if you would like to remain home.
Think about elderly friends, neighbours, and other people with a disability in your community and the way you'd support one another too.
This is all about the COVID-19. Stay away from public places and stay safe and stay home