8 Best Foods that can Strong Your Bones
Vitamin D and calcium are one of the most essential components which help in making healthy or strong bone density. Calcium is beneficial in building up the structure of your teeth and bones whereas vitamin D improves the ability of the body for absorbing calcium and helps in growth and bone density.
Is bone health important for your health?
The bones are continuously changing in the human body in which the old bones break down and new bones are made. When we were young, the body makes new bones is faster than it breaks down the old bones, and also the mass of the body increases. Most of the person reach their peak bone mass if you are 30 years old.
Osteoporosis is one of the conditions that cause the bones for becoming weak and brittle. This type of problem depends on the amount of bone mass when you reach 30 years and rapidly lose it after 30 age.
Some factors affect bone health :
There are several factors that can affect bone density and its health are as given below –
- Physical activity and exercise – The person who is physically inactive have a higher possibility of being diagnosed with osteoporosis as compared with a normal individual who exercises daily.
- Age – When the age of any person increases then the bones are weak and thin which are breakable easily when any accident or any injury.
- Intake alcohol or tobacco – As per studies, tobacco is one of the main factors that contributes to weaker bones and lower bone density. Similarly, if you take a large amount of alcohol increases the possibility of osteoporosis which is harmful for your bones.
Best foods that strengthen your bones :
There are some of the best foods which help in making strong bones of your body are as given below –
- Eggs – Eggs contain about 6 percent of Vitamin D which helps in making strong bones. If you take several eggs in a day then a large amount of vitamin D is absorbed in the body that is beneficial in making strong bones. Most of the nutrients are present in the yolk of eggs so you should take boiled eggs for your strong bones.
- Milk – Milk contains a great amount of calcium and fortified with vitamin D that helps in making strong bones in your body. Thus, you should take milk daily which can be beneficial for building up strong bones which help in preventing the problem of osteoporosis.
- Cheese – The great amount of calcium is present in the Cheese which helps in making strong bones in your body. Some other kinds contain a small amount of vitamin D that is beneficial in building up strong bones in your body and helps in preventing the problem of osteoporosis. But avoid intake large amounts of cheese for preventing obesity.
- Spinach – Spinach contains a large amount of calcium which helps in making strong bones in your body. It also has some other nutrients such as iron, vitamin A and fiber which is beneficial for your health. You also take spinach by adding on cheese, pasta dishes omelets, and quesadillas that help in building up strong bones in your body.
- Cereal – Cereal contains a combination of vitamin D and calcium that helps in making strong bones in your body. Thus, you should take cereal daily which is beneficial for your bones and prevents the problem of osteoporosis.
- Salmon – Salmon contains high in nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial for your health. It also has a high content of vitamin D which helps in making strong bones in your body. So, you should take Salmon once per week that builds up in making strong bones in your body.
- Sardines – Sardines are loaded with Vitamin D and calcium which are beneficial for making strong bones in your body. Generally, sardines are present in pasta and salads that helps in making strong bones. Hence, you should take sardines for making strong bones that prevent the problem of Osteoporosis.
- Tuna – Tuna contains a high amount of vitamin D that helps in making strong bones and prevents the problem of osteoporosis. You take tuna by preparing tuna sandwiches or mix with crackers for lunch which helps in building up strong bones.