15 Health Benefits of Eating Apples
15 Health Benefits of Eating Apples
Apple is one of the most cultivated and popular fruits in all over the world. It is great source of antioxidants, dietary fibers and flavanoids.
The phytonutrients and antioxidants are present in apples which may lower the risk of developing diabetes, cancer, heart disease, and hypertension.
Apple is one of the sweetest and edible fruit which can be produced by an apple tree (Malus domestica). The trees of apple are cultivated in all over the world and originated in Central Asia where its wild ancestors Malus sieversii, is still present today.
It is important t note that apples have been grown for thousands of years in Europe and Asia. They have mythological and religious significance in several cultures including European tradition and Norse, Greek.
The production of apples in all over the world is about 83.1 million tonnes in the year 2017.
Health benefits of apples – There are several benefits of apples which are as given below –
- Good for heart – Heart disease is one f the common disease in all over the world including India. If you take apple daily then it may helps to prevent heart diseases. Apple contains soluble fiber may help in reducing cholesterol level in blood which is good for heart health. It also contains polyphenols which are used in lowering the blood pressure thus it is also good for heart health. As per studies the high intake of flavonoids which are present in apple were linked to a 20 percent reduce risk of stroke. Flavonoids are found in apple may help in preventing heart diseases by reducing bad LDL oxidation, cholesterol level in blood and blood pressure.
- 2. Prevent Alzheimer’s disease – As per study drinking apple juice can be used in preventing Alzheimer’s disease due to effect of aging on the brain. Apple juice help to maintain acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter which can decline with increase in age Reduce level of acetylcholine are connected with the Alzheimer’s disease. It is one of the main benefits of apple juice. Thus we should also intake and prefer apple juice during summer season instead of cold drinks.
- Prevent cancers – Cancers is one of the dangerous diseases in all over the world. The consumption of flavonoids are present in the apple which may lower the risk of developing pancreatic cancer by approximate 23 percent as per scientists from the American for Cancer Research. Triterpenoids compounds are present in apple which are identified by the researchers at Cornell University may prevent cancer cells in the colon, breast and liver which is one of the main benefits of apple. High levels of fiber are present in apple which may decrease the risk of colorectal cancer as per research.
- Weight loss – Apple are also help in reducing weight which prevents obesity. The obesity is linked with several diseases such as high blood pressure, heart disease, type -2diabetes, and sleep apnea. For controlling weight the doctors recommended a diet of fiber which is present in the apple may help in preventing obesity.
- Improve immune system – Apple contains antioxidants known as quercetin which may help in better immune system of the system as per study. It is one of the most unexpected benefits of the apple.
- Strong bone – With increase in age, the bones are weak. As per research, the anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidant are present in the apple which helps in making strong bone.
- Prevent asthma – Apple contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds which hlp to maintain immune system and protect against asthma.
- Prevent cataract – If you take apple daily for a long term which contain antioxidants may reduce the possibility of develop cataract in the eyes as per study. Thus it is also good for eye health.
- Detoxify the liver – Apples may help in detoxify the liver which is responsible for clearing the toxins of the body.
- Prevent constipation – If you are suffered with the problem of constipation then take apple regularly. The fiber are present in the apples may help to treat the problem of constipation.
- Reduce cholesterol – High level of cholesterol in blood is harmful for the heart. Apple contains soluble fiber may help in reducing the cholesterol level in blood which is also good for heart health.
- Prevent Parkinson’s – As per research apple contain high level of fiber which may help in protecting against the condition of Parkinson’s disease due to breakdown of dopamine-producing nerve cells of the brain.
- Control diabetes – Now days diabetes is one of the common disease which occurs in any age and also harmful for the health. The soluble fiber is found in apple which may help in reducing type-2 diabetes which is also harmful for the heart.
- Prevent Anemia – Anemia is caused by the lack of iron that affects deficiency of haemoglobin in the blood of the person. This type of disease can be prevented by intake high source of iron that increases blood cells. Thus apple contain great source of iron which are beneficial to prevent anemia. This is one of the benefits of eating apple t treat the problem of anemia.
- Prevent dark spots, acne and blemishes – Acne is on one of the common problem of skin that causes dullness and harmful for the skin. Apples are beneficial to prevent dark spots, acne and blemishes which are one of the main benefits of apple for skin. To prevent this problem, apple mix with milk cream and apply on the face. Thus we should avoid chemicals and use apple for the skin.